Our service is based on a line-of-sight signal from our base stations. View our base station map here to see approximate locations. The best way to find out if you can receive IGL TeleConnect service is calling our office 800-281-1072.
Yes, you can! Keep in mind Netflix requires 6Mbps and Hulu requires the following: 720p HD 3Mbps, 1080p HD 6 Mbps and Hulu with Live TV is 8Mbps
Bills are due on the 25th of every month.
Bills can be paid by calling our office, paying online, setting up automatic payments here or paying in person by going to 1501 35th Avenue West Spencer, IA 51301.
Please call us at 800-281-1072 to request to set up an alternative payment arrangement.
To have your bill paid automatically every month, please click here and fill out and submit the Auto-Pay Enrollment form. Or call us at 800-281-1072
No, please don’t ever hit the reset button on your router. If the internet is not working, unplug the router power cord from the outlet or power strip.
From your wireless device, find your network name and click connect. If the network is protected by a password, enter the password when prompted and click connect. Password is case sensitive.
Your network name is typically your last name.
You must call us at 800-281-1072 to change your password.
If you don’t have a computer or laptop that can be directly connected to the router with a cable, you can run a speedtest but the results will not be accurate. Only computers or laptops that directly connect to your router will show accurate results.
Testing your speed inside the residence:
With a computer/laptop that plugs directly into the router with a cable:
- Unplug any other devices plugged into the router EXCEPT the cable from the router to the wall and the computer or laptop you are performing the test with.
- On the computer, browse out to https://www.speedtest.net and run a speed test. Note the results.
Your service is an “up to” service, which means that you will get anywhere from 80% “up to” 100% of the service that you subscribe to. If your speedtest is within this range, service is fine and we need to look elsewhere for the trouble.
- 1.5 Mbps link should see speeds above 1.2 Mbps.
- 3 Mbps link should see speeds above 2.4 Mbps.
- 4 Mbps link should see speeds above 3.2 Mbps.
- 6 Mbps link should see speeds above 4.8 Mbps.
- 8 Mbps link should see speeds above 6.4 Mbps.
- 15 Mbps link should see speeds above 12 Mbps.
If your speed test indicates that you are not within the 80% range please contact technical support at 1-800-281-1072.
Routers are provided at no extra charge by IGL TeleConnect, however if a customer does choose to purchase their own router, our technical support may be limited.
Diagnosis is needed to determine if the problem is caused by your device or router.
- To test the wireless network, try another device that uses WiFi, such as a smartphone or tablet. If that other device can access your WiFi, the problem is with your device. Make sure that the device's WiFi is turned on. If it is an older laptop/device, it may not support the latest wireless encryption (WPA2).
- Try to reboot your device.
That didn’t fix it either? Okay, time to make sure you’re connecting to the correct wireless network and using the correct password.
- Click the WiFi icon in the notification area on your laptop for a list of available networks.
- Attempt to connect to your wireless network, making sure you have the correct password.
- Your wireless network name is typically your last name.
- When typing the password, be careful about letters and numbers that look alike. It’s easy to mistake the number 1 with a lowercase L or an uppercase I . And an uppercase O can be mistaken for the number 0.
A few other things you can try:
- Look at the bars next to the network’s name to make sure you have a strong signal from the router. If you don’t, try moving to a room near the router.
- Make sure you have the latest wireless network card drivers loaded. (Windows update or manufacturers driver support site).
- Use Windows’ diagnostics. Right-click the network icon in notification area and select Troubleshoot Problems. Then go through the wizard.
- Turn off your firewall—temporarily, of course—and try again. If it works, figure out what’s wrong with your firewall settings.
Please call our office at 1-800-281-1072